Sunday, May 9, 2010

All day craft day

I worked yesterday but it was really, really dead so I practiced doing the paper designing that I will be teaching on Tues. I still don't feel overly confident doing this technique, but I am getting better. I am not going to walk you through all the steps here as I do want people to attend my class, but I will show you some of what I did.  
This is one I did but I didn't like how it came out so blotchy. I think I made a mistake with the iron but mostly I didn't like how the smooch spritz made such big blobs all over the sheet. I know a lot of people like the smooch but I just can't seem to get it to come out in even sprays. I can't tell what I am doing wrong with it. I did practice it a bunch more times and founds ways around it but it still not consistent and I hate the idea of wasting product, time and something you likes at 1st because a product sprayed a big blob onto your work. I know I don't have to use it but I really like the look of the lighter mist on it. Hey I wonder if I could take it out of their bottle and put it into my mini mister by Ranger would that work better I wonder? But how will I get it out of their bottle hummmmmmmmmm something to think about.
Anyway here is some more sheets I made


See they are a little better with the spritz, not my fav but not bad. 



















These are the two that I really like. 

I had a lot of fun doing them and once I got the hang of it it didn't even take long to do them. However it was not nearly as much fun as I had last night . 

After I got off work yesterday race home to go onto Skype where I had arranged to met a friend. We are both into art (although she is way more talented and is a professional I loved work with her last night. So much fun.  Go check out her site Visit Lori's Art Blog) We were missing each other and working with others so this was our solution. We sat with our laptops on our craft tables pointing at our work and sat and crafted the evening away. It was so nice, it was like having her sitting in the room right next to me, only I didn't have to clean the room and try to make room for her and her stuff in such a small room. When my mom called she thought Lori was visiting me, she was coming in so clear on the phone.We talked, shared ideas, showed each other our work that we have been doing the last little while, asked each other for tips and help, and just enjoyed each others company. It was awesome! I can't wait until our next craft night.  I can't show all I did last night cause it for a gift but here is the main project I worked on. 

1 comment:

  1. I had TONNES o' fun too Sabrina! Can't wait to do it again! :-D

    ReplyDelete