Thursday, May 13, 2010

Just little a taste

Sorry I was away for a few days, I want to say I was busy but I really don't know what I have been doing. I have been working but I am always working somewhere so that is nothing new. I sure as hell was not cleaning (I hate to clean and avoid it at all cost. Until I know someone is coming and then I am like the Tasmanian Devil trying to get everything tidy or at least to appear that way.) Aidan has been away so it is not like I am spending quality time with him. I still have not hit my workout grove that I keep saying I am going to get into yet. So I really don't know what I have been doing with my time. I thought while Aidan was away I was going to get all kinds of scrapbooking done and I did next to nothing. Oh well what are you going to do.

I decided today was a great time to work on some things for a new class. I am planning on doing a "Tag, Distress is it!" class. I think its a cute play on words seeing how I plan on doing a tag making class and showing people how to use the Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Anyway I started playing around with the tags and inks today and this is what I came up with so far. I have not decided what ones I am going to to for class, and I am not finished playing around with them yet so I know I will be adding more. Just thought I would show you what I have so far.
 To start off with the two I am not so happy with, again I post them cause I did make them and we learn from our mistakes. I learn some cool things with these that I hope to include in other tags later on. So it was not a complete waste. 



I really like how this one turned out it has a really nice washout out look in parts and some very solid  looking pieces in others. Together I think it is really funky and give a cool finish.














I really loved how elegant this one turned out. Once again I have washout images along with crisp images but the stamps and colors used in this tag make it "flow" together very easily and the inking around the edges offer a complete look to the tag.












This tag is similar to the previous tag but I left it with just the washout image and gave it some inked edges. The result is very soft and I think it would look great done as a whole background page.
This time I gave the tag a all over washout look. I like it, but I think I smudge a couple of the flowers stamping them on and it made the tag look a little more messy then I wanted it to look. I want to try this technique again because I think it can look really nice if done right. So when I try it again I will post them together to see what you think.                                                                        

This is two techniques put together. I think it will look even better if I do different colors. We will see. 

So as you can see I still have a lot to learn but I don`t think it was too bad just starting out. What to find out when I will be hosting this class? Check out our facebook site and keep posted on when we will be hosting classes. 


Oh and I also started looking at the layout I did this weekend. And I was not fully satisfied with it so after playing with the inks today I decided to add a little bit more.  Check it out




1 comment:

  1. So ARTSY!! I love them Sabrina! And I love what you did with the roughing it layout! :-D

    ReplyDelete