Sunday, May 2, 2010

Back from the market

Well we just got back from the market, and yup I think I could sell my work there. There was no one else selling  what I do and they seem to be pretty busy. So now I can work on a bunch of different things stock up enough to sell and see about getting a table. Who knows it might be a way of making enough money to support my hobbies.

Anyway on another topic I have been working on a lot of different projects these days some of these some of you have seen some not so much. The following is a layout I did for the "Spring" layout challenge at work. I am super proud of it! The background paper is from the "Flower Child" line by Bo Bunny, it had some swirls on it but I add more with gold embossing in the bottom right hand corner and top left hand corner. I even inked the organza butterflies ( can't really see them in the photo) The green leafs are folded to give a 3d look as well ( again not really captured in the photo). I am proud of this cause a friend from work keeps telling me that I need to step out of my comfort zone ( working with cool colors in the same boring way (my words not hers) and used yellow ( I know there is still greens and blues but there is a lot of yellows) and gold. I love the result.
I teach some classes at the local scrapbook shop (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=274143770771) the following are some cards I will be teaching people to make during class. 
Yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day and I did a layout for why I scrapbook. It is not something I am really really proud of but for this to be an honest blog I think I should post all my work not just things I am happy with. So here it is



I have another card made for a friend of ours who just had a baby, I will post that one a little later. Off to make an envelope for that card right now.  

(Update: We were running late and I forgot to take a photo of the card. Pout! Oh well that is life, they loved it though. )

4 comments:

  1. Ooo! I Love the birdy card Sabrina! I have actually been looking into creating my own ink up stamps with these Mastercarve blocks I saw online. Apparently it's like carving butter! And I have all the tools already to carve it! It would make some unique and one of a kind stamps for scrapbooking and also maybe make a signature stamp with your logo on it for the backs of cards too! Once I can get to Micheal's I will look for some. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Mastercarve blocks. They would have to be easy to carve for me to use them. I did lino blocks when I was in Jr. high and I hated it, so hard to crave and I ended up ruining my image, very frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did linocuts too in college for printmaking. I didn't find them hard at all! Maybe it was a different kind? Anyhow. I really want to try it and make myself a stamp. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was just me. Not my thing, that is o.k everything can be for me:)

    ReplyDelete