Monday, May 3, 2010

Big News!

So I posted the layout I did for the store's layout challenge yesterday. I found out today that I won! I got the most votes from customs that makes me so happy. Now what to spend the $25 on... so many things I want.

I finished the other card that I will be doing for next week's 2 for $5 class. Not a card that I am thrilled about but I do kind of like it. It is different from what I would normally do but I am really trying to push my limits.  I like the fold, I was very big into the typical side folding cards but I am trying to expand my  my portfolio of folds that I can do. This one is simple but super cute.  I have learned about inking since joining Cherished Memories and I love the look of it but I am stilling trying to get the technique down. For the most part I am doing o.k with it but every now and again I slip and I get a big "blob" and I ruin the look I am going for. I know everyone says that is the way it is suppose to look but I don't like it it make it looks messy. I like the ink looked cause it gives your project depth. I am still working away on it though. I am determined to learn to do this right, I will keep you posted. I do want to talk about the paper I used to do the "Thank you" it is a core paper and all I had to do was emboss the words and lightly sand the top layer and the lighter color came through. I love it, I can wait to get more colors to experiment with, I just like how easy it is to get two colors in one area.


I am learning how to make envelopes and that is fairly easy. The hard part is learning how to design them after they are put together. I like this one but there is still room for improvement. However the card that goes inside
this envelope, I simple love! The layering on the outside was so much fun and looks so nice. The organza ribbon gives the card the added "umph."  And I got to play with the embossing powders again doing the "Happy birthday" I don't like that you can see the inside flower from the outside but I have since learned how to fix that problem. The inside has a cool little cut out that allows you to hang things from making it  super de duper fun!

I have also been working on Mother's Day cards but I am not going to post them until later.

I'm doing a children's mothers day class with the above template tomorrow. I already did it with one group of children but tomorrow's class is with much younger children. So maybe I will end up changing the card. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm now I am going to be thinking about that all day tomorrow. Ha who am I kidding I will be thinking about that all night now.

Tomorrow I am cleaning up the soon to be craft room (trying to get rid of all the dust before we paint and stain) going to work 11-7 we have company coming for supper and I am going to miss half of it. :o( then off to work on the room. We pick up the conditioner, stain, rags, gloves and and brushes tonight. Each day we are getting closer and closer. Soon I shall have my own special room.

2 comments:

  1. Can't WAIT to see your craft room! And I love the cards! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to finally have my craft room. Thanks for the comment about the cards I am really proud of them.

    ReplyDelete