Thursday, May 6, 2010

Seeing myself

So no scrapping today :o( I was teaching :o)

I love that I get to live with the man I love, with two amazing pets, working on our 1st home together, and doing two jobs I love soooooooooooo much. 

Speaking of working on the house together we conditioned the floor in the craft room tonight.  Not quite sure what conditioning does for the floor besides make it look amazing. With all the "bumps" we hit with this room so far we were not taking any chances. The stain suggested we condition the floor 1st to help get an even coat. We looked it up and everything we read suggested conditioning the wood 1st so we did. I am totally in love. I can't wait to see what it is going to look like stained. I know I am such a geek to be so happy about a floor but in the long run it is for my craft room and I have always wanted my very own craft room. It is going to be to the most awesome room ever!  It is a spot just for me, a place I can escape to, just to create. A place I can properly store all my craft supplies so nothing get ruined sitting around getting things throw on top of it, or to have the cat sitting on it etc. It will be a place I can proudly display my work with it being showy as it will be my room just for ME! Super excited! Only a matter of drying time now. Once this is done we can stain, then seal. Wait for it to dry again and the floor will finally be done.  "AND THEN" we will have to think out colors for the walls. Any ideas? Something that will be great for creating, soothing and aesthetically pleasing. 

4 comments:

  1. I learned something about colors in my color theory course. Do you know why doctors wear green scrubs? To sooth the patients! Green is the most soothing of all colors. SO If you want that affect I would go with green, or maybe even an aqua color. You could even get creative and do two walls one color and two walls another! The possibilities are endless! I would love to paint something on your walls for you! Maybe some bamboo leaves or something floral. I always wanted to do that with my studio... oh well.. When I get my own house someday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually learned a lot of those things in high school art class as well. Greens to clam (which is why they are the colors of schools and hospitals)Reds and yellows to stimulate hungry and create energy. ( think of all the fast food chains)
    I know all this but still have a really hard time trying to piece everything together to make it look right. ya know?
    I have some wall stickies to put up I have an idea what I want I just don't know if I am going to be able to do it.
    I would love it if I could afford to hire you to come out to do my walls ( Like when you mom is coming to visit) but money is not that abundant right now. Maybe some day. pout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AFFORD?! Who said anything about paying me? lol!!! This could be my version of a house warming gift or something. lol If mom does end up coming to get me this summer, maybe we can stop in for a few days on the way back for a lil' visit. :-)

    All you need to do is provide me the paint. *hugs*

    Lori

    ReplyDelete